Cargill Business Services (CBS) is a multi-function center of Cargill Inc, one of the world’s biggest privately held organizations that clocked revenues of $120+ billion. The center provides high-quality, efficient back-end services across IT, HR, Finance, Transport & Logistics, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement and Trade Execution with 5,500 employees.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial, and industrial products and services to the world, we employ 160,000 employees across 70 countries. This role supports the North American region, which is comprised of 46,000 employees and 19 businesses, including Cargill’s global headquarters.
The senior analyst role is a newly created role; it is a key enabler for CBS Record to Report (RTR) North America teams to take greater end to end responsibility for closing and financial reporting. This directly aligns with one of finance’s strategic objectives to clarify, simplify and scale our operating model.
The planned purpose of the role is to provide financial analysis for a specific product line(s), ensuring financial statements are complete and accurate and explaining results to stakeholders. This is achieved through strong partnership with RTR accounting and reporting teams, as well as the broader Accounting & Finance (A&F) and business teams within the NA region.
Ensure Accuracy of Product Line Financial Statements 40%
• Reviews product line financial statements during the close, proactively investigates unusual trends to ensure that reported numbers are complete and accurate.
• Partners with RTR accounting and reporting teams to drive root cause analysis (RCA) and corrective actions as required.
• Reviews and approves high risk/high complexity journals and balance sheet reconciliations for specific product line.
Perform Product Line Financial Analysis 40%
• Produce balance sheet and income statement analysis, developing commentary to explain key trends, supports communication of results to A&F and business stakeholders in the region.
• Understands key business metrics and value drivers, able to interpret and correlate these in relation to financial results.
• Contributes commentary for specific product line to the Controls Review Package (CRP).
• Produces Lower Level Financial Review (LLFR) analysis and commentary and supports communication to A&F and business stakeholders in the region.
Partner with CBS and Regional Teams 20%
• Partners with CI, PI, GPO and CBS RTR teams to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities, making the end to end accounting and reporting process more efficient and effective.
• Partners directly with other CBS process towers to answer key queries/resolve issues as required.
• Build strong connection with regional A&F, FP&A and business stakeholders for specific product line, keeps up to date with key business developments to ensure this context supports their analysis and understanding of the financials.
• Provides support to finance and business initiatives in the region as required.
• Acts as key point of contact for specific product line, providing finance and business teams accounting and reporting advice as required.
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
• Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant (CMA).
• 4-8 years of Accounting and Financial Reporting experience, skilled in US GAAP accounting, with minimum of 3-5 years experience in financial statement analysis, as well as presentation and communication of results to senior stakeholders (preferably gained in a captive shared services environment).
• A Continuous Improvement mindset, with proven track record of driving efficiency savings and effectiveness improvements.
• Possess a strong stakeholder partnering acumen and has proven influencing skills.
• High level of data and digital literacy, proven track record of being able to analyze and drive insight from large and complex data sets.
• Self-starter with curious mindset, strong analytical, problem solving skills and initiative to achieve desired outcomes.
• Experienced in SAP or Oracle ERPs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• ACCA qualified with 4 years post qualification experience.
• Management of stakeholders in regional and global environment.
• Experience working in a FMCG, B2B, or commodity trading industry.
• Proven ability to work across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Other relevant information to the position
• This role could be a successor for the NA Senior Team Manager, NA Tower Lead, or RTR Process Architect roles.
• The role would position the individual in some key roles within the Accounting and Finance organization globally and other operational/leadership roles.
Please note: The position will require to work between 12.30-9.30 pm on most days and 4pm-1am or 6pm- 3am on month end, quarterly and yearly close for about 2 weeks in a month.