As an Assurance Associate Director, the individual should be a qualified CA/CPA/ACCA with
excellent leadership skills. The incumbent gets an excellent opportunity to work virtually or
directly with the clients across Americas and develop knowledge of international accounting and
• Creating and managing good independent relationships with client’s senior management
• Participates in building brand of the firm / service-line by participating in seminars, meetings or
conferences organized by professional bodies / trade associations.
• Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
• Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting framework (US GAAP, IFRS and Indian GAAP)
• Demonstrate from your wide industry, business, and technical knowledge to help the client
resolve complex issues and improve performance by providing sound value-based solutions
• Provide real-time practical recommendations to add value to the client’s business and improve
the internal control environment through Management Letters.
• Review delegated work at suitable milestones
• Demonstrate sensitivity in discussing issues with senior management and /or audit committee.
• Effective engagement management from client setup to engagement closure including
progressive billing and timely collection to minimize combined investment.
• Work across service-lines.
• Provides real-time constructive feedback to team members.
• Create a climate of high performance in the team.
• Leverage relationships to increase business from existing clients; find ways to optimize costs
and monitor utilization.
• Strong USGAAP / IGAAP and/or IFRS financial reporting experience in complex/large
companies, most likely in Big 4 audit vertical
• Ability to explain complex accounting and financial reporting issues simply
• Advisory mind-set, ability to develop solutions for the client with support from technical subject
• Business development skills and aptitude, depending on level. In applicants at Associate
Director and above, a strong track record of business development is expected
• Strong project management skills
• Support a portfolio of clients, by leading a team of Managers, Assistant Managers, Seniors,
• Ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality work, as per Audit methodology and in line
with the client’s expectations
• Demonstrate strong understanding of audit methodology in service delivery and supporting
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with key client personnel
• Proactively discuss workflow management with client, allocating resources to the assigned
work and monitoring performance against standards.
• Monitor utilization for one’s team, budget to actuals, and other operational matters
• Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing
internally with Pierian team members and client.
• Establish expectations regarding value to be delivered to the respective aligned teams
• Identify opportunities to improve the scope of work for Pierian Assurance
• Standardize assurance processes along with leveraging best practices across one’s aligned
clients or beyond
• Help team members grow by encouraging them to actively contribute to the team
• Lead by example, delegate work successfully and develop and maintain high performing
• Use technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and
enhance service delivery
• Participate in development of training program and delivery of training.
• Contribute to technical and soft-skills training to continually develop the team’s skills
• Actively participate in organizational initiatives, such as recruitment, diversity and
inclusiveness, trainings, and others.
Qualifications, skills and experience
• 9 to 12 years of post-qualification experience (CA/CPA/ACCA) with either a mid or top-tier
accounting firm, focused on external or statutory assurance matters for an MNC or a large
• Audit experience of Indian clients (listed clients or large private companies) will be an added
• Expert knowledge of Ind AS (Indian accounting standards) and assurance standards or
knowledge of IFRS
• Knowledge of US GAAP and International assurance standards is an added advantage
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation, and presentation skills
• Project management, leadership, coaching, counselling, and supervisory skills
• Ability to spread positive work culture and teaming
• Ability to quickly form strong working relationship with colleagues within Indian and global
Eligibility criteria: ACCA affiliates and members